Friday, December 31, 2010

When the going get's tough, keep going.

It's time for another blog!

The marathon is about 15 weeks away, and I'm already excited. For Christmas, I got a new pair of kicks, courtesy of my Mom and Dad.  I've never worn Brooks before, but these are awesome.  Very light and comfortable. 
http://www.shoebuy.com/brooks-glycerin-8/345344/819372

I also got an ipod sensor, courtesy of my bro Stevie P.  I tried it yesterday and it's fanastic. There's a ton of features, but I love how it tells me when I've hit each mile, and I can program however many miles I want to run. 

Yesterday I clocked 10 miles in 1 hour and 26 minutes, I was pretty psyched. It definitely helped to run outside.  I HATE the treadmill and I find I end up running much slower inside than outside.  My goal for tomorrow is to run 13 miles.  I basically run from my apartment in Southie over to the Boston Common and back, tomorrow I'll add in a short loop near the Charles.  The only annoying thing is the hundreds of people walking in Downtown Crossing and around the Common that don't watch where they are going. 

I'm on track so far with my fundraising, my goal was to be at $1000 by the end of December and I am nearly there.   I've got a fundraiser party in the works, and I'm pretty excited about it. It's going to be at the Nashua Country Club on March 11th.  More details to come. 

Quote of the day:
"Most people run a race to see who is fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts."
Steve Prefontaine

No comments:

Post a Comment